Saf-T-Liner® C2 Jouley School Bus.
The future is just around the corner.
Thomas Built Buses has been moving the industry forward for more than 100 years. Now we’re driving it in a whole new way with Jouley, the first generation Saf-T-Liner® C2 electric bus.
Named after the joule unit of energy, Jouley is our first electric bus and a working example of not only how important electric vehicles are to us, but how important they are to Daimler as a whole. It’s emissions-free, noise pollution-free and fossil fuel-free, helping you save operating costs — and maybe even the planet. Ideal for in-town routes, Jouley is the latest chapter in our joint commitment with Daimler to providing proven, sustainable solutions today. And tomorrow.
Up to 81
Up to 120 miles with option for extended range
Up to 8 hours of total charge time with a nominal charge of 4-6 hours
~155 kWh and up
On par with conventional vehicles
What makes Jouley amazing.
- Safety-first construction with reliable, fault-tolerant design
- Specialized battery packaging for increased safety
- Zero emissions vehicle reduces exposure to harmful emissions
- Quiet operations eliminate driver distractions and increases awareness of what’s going on inside the bus
- Full OEM vehicle performance
- Top speed of 65 mph
- Electric motor – 315 peak horsepower
- No transmission/shifting
- 0-60 mph acceleration in 45 seconds
- Regenerative braking
- Automated drive cycles require no change to driver behavior
- Full charge in less than 8 hours with standard chargers
- Standard 155 kWh power with more range options available
- Vehicle control software interfaces with critical vehicle systems. Includes fault detection and related management features
- Optimizes battery economy while maintaining performance
- Telematics system provides real-time fleet tracking, management and vehicle diagnostics
- Over-the-air software updates
- Electric buses pay for themselves over a lifetime
- Reduced cost of fuel. Electricity is the lowest and most stable operating cost of any fuel
- Simpler design means less mechanical failure vs. traditional vehicles
- Lower vehicle maintenance costs, including less frequent brake replacement, no oil changes and other savings
- Integrated exportable power enables the transfer of stored energy onboard the bus for use in opportunistic V2G applications
- J1772 charging protocol with embedded 19.2 kWh charger
- Comprehensive vehicle monitoring via telematics
- Predictive and real-time vehicle diagnostics for fleet managers
- PowerSave/Economy mode to extend range when required