Saf-T-Liner® C2 Jouley™ Electric School Bus.
The future is just around the corner.
Thomas Built Buses has been moving the industry forward for more than 100 years. Now we’re driving it in a whole new way with the Saf-T-Liner® C2 Jouley™ electric bus.
The C2 Jouley is emissions-free, noise pollution-free and fossil fuel-free, helping you save operating costs, and maybe even the planet.
Ideal for in-town routes, the Saf-T-Liner C2 Jouley electric bus is the latest chapter in our joint commitment with Daimler to providing proven, sustainable solutions today. And tomorrow.
Up to 81
Up to 120 miles
Nominal charge in 2-3 hours at a DC charging station*
- 295 peak horsepower
- 0-60 mph acceleration in 49 seconds depending on final drive rear axle ratio
- Standard SAE J1772 charging protocol
- Over-the-air battery management software updates
- Power-Save/Economy mode to extend range when required
- Bilateral vehicle-to-grid capability
- 2-speed transmission
- Liquid cooled battery pack
Up to 220 kWh power
What makes the Saf-T-Liner C2 Jouley electric bus amazing?
- Safety-first construction
- Specialized battery packaging for increased safety
- Zero emissions reduce exposure to harmful emissions
- Quiet operations eliminate driver distractions and increase awareness of what’s going on inside the bus
- Full OEM vehicle performance
- Top speed of 65 mph
- Regenerative braking
- No change to driver behavior required with automated drive cycles
- Up to 220 kWh
- Telematics system provides real-time fleet tracking, management and vehicle diagnostics
- Electronic control software interfaces with critical vehicle systems
- Includes fault detection and related management features
- Optimize battery economy while maintaining performance
- Electric buses pay for themselves over a lifetime
- Reduced cost of fuel. Electricity has the lowest and most stable operating cost of any fuel
- Less mechanical failure vs. traditional vehicles due to a simpler design
- Lower vehicle maintenance costs, including less frequent brake replacement, no oil changes and other savings
- No transmission and no shifting
- Integrated exportable power enables the transfer of stored energy onboard the bus for use in opportunistic applications
- Comprehensive vehicle monitoring via telematics
- Predictive and real-time vehicle diagnostics for fleet managers
- Sales and service team support
- Less maintenance / service procedures required
*To achieve advertised charging time, chargers must have an output of at least 75 amps