Saf-T-Liner® C2 Jouley School Bus.
The future is just around the corner.
Thomas Built Buses has been moving the industry forward for more than 100 years. Now we’re driving it in a whole new way with Jouley, the first generation Saf-T-Liner® C2 electric bus.
Named after the joule unit of energy, Jouley is our first electric bus and a working example of not only how important electric vehicles are to us, but how important they are to Daimler as a whole. It’s emissions-free, noise pollution-free and fossil fuel-free, helping you save operating costs — and maybe even the planet. Ideal for in-town routes, Jouley is the latest chapter in our joint commitment with Daimler to providing proven, sustainable solutions today. And tomorrow.
Up to 81
Up-to 100 miles with option for extended range
8 hours average charge time utilizing standard J1772 chargers
On par with conventional vehicle
What makes Jouley amazing.
- Safety-first construction with reliable, fault-tolerant design
- Specialized battery packaging for increased safety
- Zero vehicle emissions, reduces exposure to harmful emissions and improves health of the students and greater community
- Quiet operations eliminate driver distractions and increases awareness of what’s going on inside the bus
- Full OEM vehicle performance
- Top speed of 65 mph
- No transmission/shifting
- 0-60 mph acceleration in 45 seconds
- Regenerative braking
- Automated drive cycles require no change to driver behavior
- Full charge in less than 8 hours with standard chargers
- Vehicle control software interfaces with critical vehicle systems. Includes fault detection and related management features
- Optimizes battery economy while maintaining performance
- Telematics system provides real-time fleet tracking, management and vehicle diagnostics
- Over-the-air software updates
- Electric buses pay for themselves over a lifetime
- Reduced cost of fuel. Electricity is the lowest and most stable operating cost of any fuel
- Simpler design means less mechanical failure vs. traditional vehicles
- Minimized costs associated with vehicle maintenance; less brake replacement required, no oil changes, etc.
- Integrated exportable power enables the transfer of stored energy on board the bus for use in opportunistic V2G applications
- Comprehensive vehicle monitoring via telematics
- Predictive and real-time vehicle diagnostics for fleet manager
- PowerSave/Economy mode to extend range when required