Saf-T-Liner® eC2 School Bus.
The future is just around the corner.
Thomas Built Buses has been moving the industry forward for more than 100 years. Now we’re driving it in a whole new way with the Saf-T-Liner® eC2 electric bus, also known as Jouley.
Named after the joule unit of energy, Jouley is our first electric bus and a working example of not only how important electric vehicles are to us, but how important they are to Daimler as a whole. It’s emissions-free, noise pollution-free and fossil fuel-free, helping you save operating costs, and maybe even the planet.
Ideal for in-town routes, the Saf-T-Liner eC2 is the latest chapter in our joint commitment with Daimler to providing proven, sustainable solutions today. And tomorrow.
Up to 81
Up to 120 miles with an option for extended range
Nominal charge of 4-6 hours with no more than 8 hours of total charge time at an AC charging station
~155 kWh and up
On par with conventional vehicles
What makes the Saf-T-Liner eC2 amazing?
- Safety-first construction
- Specialized battery packaging for increased safety
- Zero emissions vehicle reduces exposure to harmful emissions
- Quiet operations eliminate driver distractions and increase awareness of what’s going on inside the bus
- Full OEM vehicle performance
- Top speed of 65 mph
- Electric motor – 315 peak horsepower
- 0-60 mph acceleration in 45 seconds
- Regenerative braking
- Standard 155 kWh power with more range options available
- Standard SAE J1772 charging protocol with embedded 19.2 kWh charger
- No change to driver behavior required with automated drive cycles
- Telematics system provides real-time fleet tracking, management and vehicle diagnostics
- Electronic control software interfaces with critical vehicle systems
- Includes fault detection and related management features
- Optimize battery economy while maintaining performance
- Over-the-air software updates
- PowerSave / Economy mode to extend range when required
- Electric buses pay for themselves over a lifetime
- Reduced cost of fuel. Electricity has the lowest and most stable operating cost of any fuel
- Less mechanical failure vs. traditional vehicles due to a simpler design
- Lower vehicle maintenance costs, including less frequent brake replacement, no oil changes and other savings
- No transmission and no shifting
- Integrated exportable power enables the transfer of stored energy onboard the bus for use in opportunistic applications
- Comprehensive vehicle monitoring via telematics
- Predictive and real-time vehicle diagnostics for fleet managers
- Sales and service team support
- Less maintenance / service procedures required